Join our team
LeverLoan is looking for a Communications Associate to help build out its growing Communications and Public Relations team. Reporting to LeverLoan’s Head of Communications, you will assist with telling the LeverLoan story to business, technology, consumer and local press. The ideal candidate will be organized yet creative, having an equal passion for both detailed to-do lists as well as finding the perfect caption for an instagram photo.
The Communications Associate will assist with research, writing, and project management as well as helping to lead social efforts, event management, developing pitches, and additional marketing communications-related projects as needed. We are looking for self-starters who are willing to experiment and take on big challenges. You must have an appetite for a startup culture, unmatched creativity and a proven ability to make an impact by taking charge and getting the job done. At LeverLoan you can expect, great food, teamwork, laughter and plenty of puns.
What We Look For:
- Draft media relations materials including blog posts, press releases, social media content, fact sheets and more.
- Assist with media relations activities including list building and maintenance, daily media monitoring, and developing relationships with reporters.
- Act as a resident social media expert: you should have a track record of running social media campaigns and contests that have delivered measurable results as well as have hands-on experience growing and engaging an audience via social media while also being able to identify, interpret, and capitalize on social media trends.
- Project manage major announcements including working collaboratively with cross-functional teams such as engineering, product, marketing and business development.
- Assist in developing local media plans to promote LeverLoan in each of the cities where we operate.
- Develop pitches and work with media on proactive stories.
- Minimum of 1 to 3 years of previous public relations work experience
- Excellent communication, writing, and editing skills
- Ability to quickly grasp complex topics and translate into media opportunities
- Understanding of key trade publications and national media outlets
- Proven project management abilities and ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work on a team and handle multiple projects simultaneously, including multi-tasking and quickly prioritizing projects
- Ability to handle high priority and pressure situations